Using less energy, whether it’s clean energy or energy from fossil fuels, is important for household budgets and the preservation of the planet. On National Cut Your Energy Costs Day, here are 10 ways to trim your energy consumption.
- Take shorter showers (maybe use the found time for a walk…)
- Make sure the seals on your windows and doors are tight
- Turn your thermostat down when you will be away from home
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Buy energy-efficient appliances
- Adjust the temperature on your water heater
- Replace standard light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED bulbs
- Use dimmer switches on your lights
- Have an energy audit done at your home
- Hang laundry out to dry periodically rather than using a clothes dryer
Sunrise Power & Gas is committed to clean energy and committed to helping preserve the planet. Small actions grow into big results so let’s work together to make a difference. Call 888-538-7001 or visit Sunshine Power and Gas to check if our company serves your zip code and help build a cleaner future!